We believe many children are capable of high achievement given the right opportunities.
Emphasis is placed on high expectations and high quality, challenging teaching for all to ensure that every girl reaches her full potential. Many of our pupils excel academically, creatively or in other areas such as leadership and public speaking. More able pupils are stimulated and appropriately challenged through the curriculum, extension activities and extra-curricular enrichment or additional approaches within and beyond school. Girls are placed into sets for Mathematics in Year 4 and for English in Year 5. Many of our pupils take up Latin in Year 5.
We encourage children to be independent in their learning and take ownership of it, becoming increasingly able to organise and evaluate their work. A range of extra-curricular activities, such as Junior and Senior Challenge Club, complement the curriculum. There is a wealth of enrichment opportunities for artistic, musical, dramatic and sporting development. Achievement is highly valued and celebrated in Assembly and Newsletters.
- Pupils who swim for Bucks County and Division Ten
- Pupils represent the School at county level in netball
- Competing in the regional gymnastics competitions
- Our netball team which regularly reaches the IAPS national netball finals
- Success in the first round of the BBC 500 Word Competition
- Winners in both local and national Art competitions
- Success in the Watford Drama Festival and Marlow Music Festival
- Success at Rotary IT Challenge
- Outstanding achievement in LAMDA examinations – every pupil in Years 4 – 6 achieved either a Merit or Distinction (2019)